Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yeasayer


With Coachella music festival quickly approaching, it seems as though my posts may start heavily reflecting the acts that are appearing. In this vein, Yeasayer is a band that I was extremely hesitant about at first; having noticed the band's name all over music websites like Stereogum and Pitchfork, I was unsure of what to expect. With a single listen to their song, O.N.E., I was h.o.o.k.e.d. They define themselves on their myspace as "ENYA with BOUNCE", and I have to admit, they couldn't have said it better. Psychedelic, yet catchy, their songs have converted me from a sceptic to a devotee. And if you were wondering why their sound is so out-of-this-world, they have made it public that their latest album was a brainchild of an LSD trip the band shared in 2008. I've included their super trippy video for their song, Ambling Alp, and O.N.E. underneath. Check 'em out!




Yeasayer - O.N.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment